During the holidays, I got some serious iOS gaming done. I’ve owned S&S EP since it was featured on wired, and from playing a tiny bit of the first chapter, I also knew it was good. But I didn’t expect it to be that good. So just in case you haven’t heard of Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP before - It’s a great game.
After I had reached 100%, I directly went to the iTunes Store and bought the soundtrack. The soundtrack? Yeah. S&S: EP ist an audiovisual entity. I can’t explain it better than this piece I found on the game’s website. It is:
- a brave experiment in I/O cinema.
- a fresh approach to adventure & action designed for Apple’s touchtronic machinery.
- a 21st century update to the pioneering works of Miyamoto, Mechner & Chahi.
- a crude videogame haiku about life, love & death.
- created with a broad, literate audience in mind.
- a choice cut of myth & dreams.